Thursday, June 29, 2006

Side trip

Putting aside all the thoughts about what's real or truthful, and the meaning of all these exercises, the one effect of CIM that has been quite noteworthy is how the course is causing me to think. To REALLY think about things I've seldom dwelled upon. Oh yeah, I believe in God… but the nuances of what God is and my relationship to him - I've never spent so much time pondering these things. To be sure, I seem to discover more questions than I have answers, but the act of thinking so deeply about such a concept is new to me.

This process is an exercise I haven't yet seen in the course. I think it was Thoreau (or someone of his ilk) who said… "the unexamined life is not worth living". The Course in Miracles is forcing me to examine my life in a way that I have never imagined.

No comments: