Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Questions

I have been studying the Course and listening to CDs when I drive. My list of questions is only exceeded by my degree of confusion. These are radical ideas, yet I've seen many similar ideas presented in reading books about spirituality, metaphysical topics and Eastern religions views. So, is this nothing more than a spiritual philosophy, which has cannibalized popular religious beliefs and blended them into one comprehensive view?

There is a strong urge to push back from all this (which I attribute to my Catholic upbringing). My mind races with many questions - is that the ego trying to regain control? Or is it just an intelligent response to what appears to be "heretical" and uncomfortable statements? I'm rambling here, but that is how it feels as I read and listen to the CDs. I'm receiving information, but my mind spins with questions of uncertainty and a large share of insecurity... What if? How? Who? Why? Can this be possible? Is it true?

The Course says that we will experience discomfort and confusion. That is one statement that I have been able to accept unequivocally.

No comments: