Sunday, June 25, 2006

Judgment based on experiences

Goodness, I cannot believe that it has been 10 days since my last posting. I had family visit for a week and have been playing catch-up since they left. My intention is to do a lesson every day as suggested, but I have fallen behind. According to today's lesson, I could judge myself a failure - based on my past experiences with not meeting commitments... but that is wrong.

Lesson #7

I see only the past.

The book says that this "is particularly difficult to believe at first. Yet it is the rationale for all of the preceding ones."

To me, this is a reasonable idea based on the fact that all "judgments" are made based on past experiences. (If I have never seen anything but green grass, then I would naturally believe that all grass is green. If someone were to tell me that there is purple grass, I would need proof before I changed my belief.)

Herein lies so much of the challenge (for me) with a CIM, I'm being asked to suspend belief in so many things I've come to know as unalterable truths.

No comments: