Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Side trip - a question

I am probably not the best example of a typical blog reader as I don't often read the comments people make (on other blogs) - I usually just read the posts. In the event this also describes you, you may have missed an anonymous comment on a recent post that reads....

These "lessons" you are discussing, are they available other places online with greater explanations as to what this is about? I am interested in reading your comments, but I am not sure I get the full picture on what this is about.
Good question, and if you are not familiar with "A Course In Miracles", I can imagine your confusion. Heck, I've reading the Course for months now and I promise you that no one is more confused than me.

Yes, A Course In Miracles is readily available on the web. You can get the complete text, and even listen to daily lessons. This link is to the public domain version of A Course in Miracles. You can find the Workbook for Students and the Manual for Teachers and the full 365 lessons. Another handy place to Select a Lesson is at this link, from the Foundation for Inner Peace. To be sure, there are many other links to the Course, but these two I reference most frequently.

You may have heard that there is (or was) a controversy about who "owned" (the copyright) to the Course, but that is not something I wish to concern myself with. I purchased the complete printed book and also bought the audio version, which is quite handy when working around the house or traveling in my car. On my Miracles website I have links where you can get the ACIM book and the other books I have discussed by Gary Renard (Disappearance of the Universe) and Taylor G. Wilshire (The What If Guy).

I guess this is a long-winded answer to your question, but if it bothered you, it is probably a question that others had. In my opinion, the Course is a self-discovery journey. For this reason, I have not done a lot of searching online for opinions of others. I know that some refuse to accept ACIM as the word of Jesus, and others consider it some kind of cult. There are many ways into heaven, and the Christian Bible we see today poses as many questions as ACIM.

On this journey, I have chosen to study A Course In Miracles and my blog and website are out there in the hopes that others might benefit from what I learn along the way. If you're new to the Course, buy the book or audio program and give it a chance. You have nothing but eternity...

No comments: